Friday 1 March 2013

Amitabh Bachchan to play lead role in Anurag Kashyap’s next


Amitabh Bachchan is set to play a lead character in a movie after a long time. Recently Anurag Kashyap met the actor and narrated his new script to him. The new movie will be a thriller which will have Amitabh Bachchan in the lead and the rest of cast are yet to be decided.
Bachchan posted on his blog: ”…later in the year to start a complete film, which he (Anurag) has narrated to me, and which sounds innovative and exciting…’‘ Bachchan is all praise for Anurag as he added, ”I am delighted to be working with Anurag, a director, who has through his rugged belief in his kind of cinema compelled us to fall in line with him. I have a general concept of the story and anxiously waiting for him to begin shooting.”
This will be the second time the duo will be working together. They recently shot a short film for ‘ Bombay Talkies’. An excited Anurag adds, ”I’m thrilled. Like everyone, I have also been a fan of Mr Bachchan from my growing up years. Though I wanted to make a film with him for the longest time, I wanted to be sure that the role is something he has never done before. While working on the short film with him, I got this idea, which we discussed and he agreed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment